Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The need for speed.

You can't tell, but I'm doing a happy dance.

I'm getting broadband this week! Broadband! Broadband! Broadband! Excuse me while I squeal like a little girl.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

My basic excuse for this extravagant expenditure is that I need it for school. It is painful to download 12mb annual reports with a 56K modem. It makes me cry when I have to download 100 newsgroup messages. I want to shoot myself in the head when I take online proficiency tests that I have to do over when my ISP boots me out just as I submit my final answers. I may be able to cut down my homework/school time by 8 hours a week with faster downloads/uploads.

And then there's the streaming capabilities... but that would be playtime. I have no time for that... No, really! Playtime is for non-undergraduate students. I wish I was a non-undergraduate student... There are so many things I would be able to do if I had time that I don't even know the possibilities. I could probably play Doom online, and stream music and videos, and shop on eBay...

Did I say that out loud?

But, hey, yeah, I'm thrilled that I can now get at my schoolwork in a minimum of time. That'll rock. Nothing makes life quite worth living like blazing fast downloads of college textbooks.

No comments: