Wednesday, June 14, 2006

When did that happen?

I seem to have inadvertently turned vegetarian. I didn't mean to! I have a freezer full of chicken, beef, pork and buffalo, but I can't remember the last time I ate meat. In my quest for good health, I've been very focused on vegetables, tofu, fruit and cheese, more or less in that order. It seems to be working. I'm just wondering when the craving for a bacon cheese burger is going to hit me.
 
I didn't bring my lunch to work today, so when our network crashed I took it as an opportunity to wander over to Uwajimaya to see what I could forage. I found some great things. The plan for good health is on hold until I eat all of this mess. I got a bag of "Wasabi crunch twist" wheat crackers. The first one is sweet, with a little edge to it. The next one, not so sweet, more edge. The third, quite an edge, but still sweet. The more you eat, the hotter the tongue. I love 'em to death. Highly recommended. I also found my standard Kamar's falafel sandwich. I was going to buy Pocky, but decided to get some German dark-chocolate covered crackers called Afrika. I also found some English McVitie's Ginger Nut cookies that were apparently packaged for sale in an Arabic-speaking country, judging from the script. I also found a bag of what looks like sweet potato french fries. At the cash register I picked up some gum - I still don't know what the flavors are, but one is called No Time and has a picture of a toothbrush on it, and the other has little evergreen trees on it. My final impulse buy was Mocha Roca, which I didn't know they made. I'm familiar with Almond Roca, so I can just imagine what this will be like. Mmm... coffee chocolate toffee...
 
I need a break from the rabbit food, apparently.

No comments: