Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I think I'm gonna need a bucket.

Dinner was extraordinarily good and filling, as they have all been since I got here. We went to a restaurant in Eau Claire called Norske Nook. I had elk meatloaf with beer fries, preceeded by artichoke dip with flatbreads and veggie chips, and followed by cherry pie. And let us not forget the beer, which they brew there. Actually, I have forgotten it already. Red Cedar Red, I think it was called. If you're in the 'hood, I highly recommend it. And of course, I am stuffed because I ate way past where I should have. The food is just too good to walk away from it. On the other hand, it is unbelievably cheap. Excellent dinner for two with a beer, desert, and appetizers was less than $40. It was elk meatloaf, people! In Seattle, that would easily have been a $75 dinner. If I had known on Tuesday about the all you can eat elk burgers for $6, I would have gone there for dinner instead. And let me just say this: beer fries. Beer fries! Two of nature's perfect foods in one. I could literally eat them until I puked if I only had the time. Not that I aspire to that.

No comments: