Thursday, July 07, 2005

London

Maybe I'm stupid or naïve or ignorant, but it seems to me that people who bomb innocent commuters are not doing anything to further their own causes. All they do is make everyone hate them. Maybe that's what they want. Nothing else makes sense. Do they really think that anyone is going to have any sympathy for their cause after doing something like this? Why can't they just be civilized beings? Are we going to read the news reports about harmless little old English ladies with flowered hats splashed across the Underground and say to ourselves, "Gosh, I think we may be misunderstanding these poor gentlemen so profoundly that they feel the need to kill random, innocent citizens. Let's do whatever they want us to do"? As some wise person once said: puh-leeze. I think not. I'm guessing that the guilty parties are in for a world of hurt if they get caught. They certainly have it coming to them.

No comments: