Monday, March 20, 2006

Oi vey. Just get along, can't we all?

I just went down to Starbucks. I make a couple of visits each day to them. I like them. They know my name, they know what I want, and they treat me like they like me. And they give me coffee! It also gives me an excuse to run up the 5 flights of stairs to get back to the office. I need the exercise. I chatted with Cathy briefly about her impending final days with us - she's going to a new store. Anyway, I wandered in and went to the end of the line just in time to hear the end of a conversation between two men that went something like this: "They were all just a bunch of filthy fucking Jews." Then he turned around and looked at me. I look a little Jewish. I just smiled down at him. Waaay down. I think he came up to my chin. I wanted to say something along the lines of, "That's funny, coming from a short, fat, greasy, balding guy that smells like he hasn't showered in a week." And then maybe wobble his dewlaps to emphasize the point. But I refrained. What can I say, I'm a coward.

No comments: