Monday, March 13, 2006

Pigeon. The other white meat.

I went to my company's fourth quarter earnings call today and made a few mental notes.

  1. It is discouraging when your CEO, CFO, and Investor Relations guy don't bother to do an earnings call in person. They totally phoned it in. What's worse is that they kept fading in and out and I didn't get to hear everything.
  2. Union Station is missing several roof tiles on the South side.
  3. Union Station has a large population of carnivorous seagulls that stalk mercilessly along the eaves of the roof. They keep a rotating lookout, vigilant for the things that seagulls are vigilant for. A pigeon ventured up onto the eaves to have a chat, maybe bum a smoke and talk about chicks, and it got attacked. I never saw the pigeon leave, but I did see a number of the gulls in what looked distinctly like a feeding frenzy.
  4. The coffee on the fourth floor sucks.
  5. Blackberries have an unconscionable number of seeds.

I'm sure that you didn't fail to notice how little of that had anything to do with the earnings call.

No comments: