Monday, March 27, 2006

Too many of a lot of things.

I logged in to Comcast.net today to check my email. The home page is all fancy, and there's a group of pictures next to a title line followed by a number of news stories. The pictures and headlines change every 30 seconds or so. There was one group of headlines titled "Surprising Science" followed by a news article titled "Egyptian Two-Headed Child Dies." Looks like the kid was two years old, and died of an infection picked up after surgery to remove an extra head.

Ehm.

And this is surprising... because? Because normally, Egyptian two-headed children live through surgery to remove their extra heads? Why is this a surprise? I challenge you to name one two-headed child, let alone one that survived a semi-decapitation. And you can't pick that one girl, because she still has both of her heads, and she says that she isn't two heads with one body, that she is two people with one body, and I figure she can have it her way if she is capable of making that distinction.

And then there's that 6-legged lamb. In the article I read, it says that after the lamb is strong enough, they're going to do surgery. "The front two legs have to go, this one is a good one," Peeters said. Again, ehm. Why not the middle two legs? You know, the ones that come out of its navel region? Why remove the ones that actually come out of the shoulders?

Either I'm on the 'Net more than I used to be and I'm seeing more of this weird crap, or things are getting stranger. Next thing you know, some guy is going to see the image of Jesus in a plate of manicotti. Oh, sorry, that's already happened too. Frankly, I can't see it. Maybe that's because I'm an atheist. HAW!

No comments: