Friday, May 12, 2006

Room with a view

Today is my first day in my new office, and I love it already. But then, I knew I would! I get to spy on the people in the building across from me. I get to watch the birds and the weather. I have more space. I can turn my iPod up because my officemate is deaf. It is nice and bright even though it is overcast, so it is better on my eyes. I may actually go back to wearing contacts now that I'll be able to see all of the time.
 
I can't explain the contact thing very well. According to my optometrist, I have really flat corneas. (And I quote: "Your corneas are really flat!") They make contact lenses only in a certain range of curvatures, so even contacts with the flattest of curves don't quite fit my eyes unless I'm in bright enough light that my eyes change shape to deal with the light. In low light, I get a pocket between my eyes and the lenses, and it hurts and I can't see. I think the light in here will be just fine for me.
 
I just hope I can take my eyes off of the sky more often to do my job!

No comments: