Thursday, May 18, 2006

The love affair continues

I still love my new office. I'm totally enamored. The light, the warmth, the seagulls running into the windows, the clouds, the sun, the airplanes. All of it. Sharing an office with a deaf co-worker is great, too. I hate to make light of her lack of hearing, but it works very nicely for me. I don't have to listen to phone calls, she doesn't complain about my iPod, there's no idle chitchat while I'm trying to work. It is lovely. I'm very happy. My plants are happy, too. I can see the courtyard in front of Starbucks reflected in the windows of the building across from me, so I can peoplewatch when I get bored or just need to focus on something other than my computer screen. Normally, I just stare at the sky. Its very pretty. So blue! And very distracting.
 
A group of my strange friends and I might be going bowling soon. More later, if it happens. It should be amusing for all.
 
School has taken a nasty turn. I no longer have the nice, convinient drive to Tukwila on Saturdays for class. I now have to deal with the helltraffic around Bellevue. For some reason, they've moved three of the programs at Tukwila to Bellevue. Well, I suppose it is a good reason. They don't need a Renton branch and a Tukwila branch, so they consolidated the Tukwila programs into Renton and Bellevue. I am unfortunate enough to be in the new Bellevue group. Argh. Now any time I need to do any shopping on Saturdays after school, I will have to either shop in Bellevue (not an option), Issaquah (not the worst option), or drive all the way to Tukwila, where I know where everything is. That, or I'll have to drive to Tukwila to catch the train and go shopping after work, also not the best option. Argh again. I'll have to work something out eventually. Or just never go shopping again. I think I like that idea a lot. That is what the internet is for anyway, right?

No comments: