Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So disturbing...

When I first moved here in 1984, I noticed that there seemed to be a really high number of people with multiple sclerosis. First I thought that maybe it was because we have better-than-average medical care here, especially for MS patients. Then I thought that maybe I was just so dense that I just didn't notice anyone with multiple sclerosis until I moved here. I never noticed Volvos until I moved here, so I'm sure there are more things that escaped my attention for whatever reason until I had a reason to notice them here. For a while I forgot about it, but every time I saw someone with MS, I would wonder why they are so common here.

Apparently there's an actual reason for it. From the train, I saw a billboard suggesting that one of the triggers for MS is the climate. I Googled it, as I am wont to do, and yes, climate is a trigger for MS.

Score one for me. I'm not as dense as I thought I might be.

No comments: