Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Jake Shimabukuro

Last night after work, I went with Ken and Brad to the Triple Door to see Jake Shimabukuro play his ukelele. I won't bother describing it, you have to hear it to get it. He's amazing. Try http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com/ and see if you can find a sample. There's also a clip of him floating around on the Internet somewhere of him playing a George Harrison song called "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" in Central Park. Not only is he a virtuoso player, he's fun to listen to between songs. If you have a chance to see him, go for it. You won't regret it, regardless of how you feel about what you know of the ukelele. 
 
I also highly recommend the food at Wild Ginger. I had the Vegetarian Squash Curry, and it was so good I could hardly stand it. The cinnamon bread pudding was pretty fantastic, too.
 
Good lord, that's twice in one month I've been out with other people this year. That makes... um... twice this year I've gone out with other people! Wow, I'm so popular.

No comments: