Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Celebrating, lazy blue-collar American-style

My company won a tidy little sum of money from the defense department for research purposes, so a group of us went out yesterday to celebrate. We hit the Pioneer Square Saloon and drank to our heart's content on the tab of one of the engineering guys. I think I had about 5 glasses of beer, then went to the gym. Funny, it actually seems easier to do 35 minutes on an eliptical and then lift weights when you're drunk. The drawback is that it is easy to overdo it. Boy, do my shoulders hurt...

I have a four-day weekend coming up, and I fully intend to waste it in my typical style. I'm going to rake leaves, clean out the garage, muck out the rain gutters, bleach the hell out of the bathroom, stow my summer wardrobe, and play MapleStory waaaaaay too much. And quite possibly play Final Fantasy III on my Nintendo DS. I believe it will be a very full four days. (Of course, I say that I'm going to do all of this, but chances are that I will just watch TV, eat, and play MapleStory waaaaaay too much.)

Most importantly, the season premier of Scrubs is on Thursday night! You know where I'll be for that hour.

Speaking of eating, I am not celebrating Thanksgiving. I couldn't really care less about the holiday. I'm not going to my parent's house because I'm selfishly keeping my time to myself this holiday. I told them originally that I had only one day off because I thought that I had only one day off, but I was wrong and I'm not about to correct that. I want four days to myself. They can have me for Christmas.

However, I will be well-fed. I have rediscovered how much I like to cook. I was very lazy for the last two years because my free time was taken up with homework and other assorted undergraduate-related crap, but now I'm getting back into it. On Sunday I made a pot roast (I use Guiness, so you know it is heavenly) and a spicy butternut squash-white bean soup, and I have leftovers to last me through Friday, so I may do some more cooking on Saturday. I don't know what I'll cook yet, but at least I'll be able to go grocery shopping in the post-holiday lull rather than during the feeding frenzy today and tomorrow.

No comments: