Thursday, November 30, 2006

Extended vacation

I just had a full seven days off work. And not for anything good.

We had Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving, like the rest of the country. Same with Saturday and Sunday. (Except for those poor bastards forced to work in retail.) I locked myself in my house with the blinds down and the TV off and played MapleStory every waking moment. I started a new character who is already a level 27 magician. Woot! And my pig is almost ready to level up and start talking. I'm going to name him Bacon. Needless to say, the cat was thoroughly disgusted with me for ignoring her the whole time.

Monday I woke up and got ready for work. I went out to get the mail from Friday and Saturday (see, I never even so much as opened my door for four days) and found snow and ice on every freaking thing in sight. Since I hadn't had the TV or radio on, I never heard the forecasts. So what did I do? I skipped work because I didn't want to drive on ice, and I stayed home and played MapleStory some more.

Tuesday. Tried to catch a bus. It never came. Went home and played MapleStory some more.

Wednesday. Tried to catch a bus. It never came. Went home and played MapleStory some more. Then I decided to get studded tires so that I could make it to work. I slipped and skidded my way to Les Schwab and blew $401 on studded tires. Then I drove around on all the curvy, hilly, icy roads in my 'hood to test them. They rock. No sliding. Yay me.

Wednesday night. More snow.

Thursday morning. Shock and surprise. No snow. All melted. And I'm out $401. And it probably won't snow again for the next 8 years.

So now, on the off-chance that it does bother to snow again any time soon, I can make it to work and not get to play MapleStory all day. Damn it all to hell.

No comments: