Wednesday, June 29, 2005

First blog post!

If you found this blog, you may have found it because of my previous site, which I gave up because my parents found it. They're pretty intelligent, so they may find this one, too. I'm not creative enough to come up with a new name.

A bit about me... I'm a third-time college student (third time's a charm, right?) working in a full-time accounting job in downtown Seattle. I'm very average in most respects. I make the average income for King County, I have a car, a mortgage, a cat, and two fish tanks. I'm way too interested in hiking, but until I get my accounting degree I have cut down to one hike each month. When I have the time and energy, I also like to bike, skate, and snowboard. I really like to lounge around in the summer in my back yard with my grill and my barbecue and a book and a beer. I love road trips. I seriously dig my camera. I actually have a very small home business from which I sell some of my pictures. I have literally no social life because all of my time is spent either at work, at school, or trying to get away from work and/or school.

Get the picture?

So my passion is actually hiking with my camera. I've gotten some great pictures. I spent Memorial Day weekend getting horrifyingly sunburned on the Snow Lake/Gem Lake trail. This weekend I hope to get horrifyingly sunburned in Royal Basin. We shall see. Western Washington is always overcast or raining on the Fourth of July, so I won't be surprised if I'm waterlogged by the time I get back. For my birthday last year, I hiked up into the Enchantments. That was in late August. The first day was nice. The second day was nice if you like torrential downpours that are heavy enough to put out five month-old forest fires in a day. That kinda sucked, so I plan to go back in the summer of '07. This year for my birthday, I hope to hike the Necklace Valley. I have a four-day weekend, so it may work out.

And now I have to be a responsible working citizen. More later.

No comments: