Thursday, June 30, 2005

My stalker

I don't think that I have previously mentioned my stalker.

The dangers of public transportation:
  • Missing your transportion and getting stranded
  • Catching your transportation as planned and getting stuck with icky people for the whole ride

I define icky people as:

  • People who physically invade your space
  • People who won't shut up
  • People who smell like 12 kinds of ass
  • People with diseases that they feel no compulsion to avoid spreading to you by sneezing and couging on everything within a radius of 20 feet
  • Stalkers

I suppose he doesn't technically qualify as a stalker, but he shows great promise. I base this statement on the following quotes:

  • "I want to get to know you better."
  • "Do you have time for coffee?"
  • "Where do you live?"
  • "Are you single?"
  • "What trains do you take every day?"
  • "Are you married?"

Worrisome, no? And this is after exactly one conversation, during which I repeatedly tried to politely shut him up by returning to my beaten-up copy of Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Not only did he not take the hint, he asked what the book was about. Try explaining a sci-fi fantasy good-versus-evil Pythonesque apocolyptic novel to a guy who does not get the sci-fi fantasy good-versus-evil Pythonesque apocolyptic genre, and you will find yourself pulling your hair out.

Needless to say, I know which trains he takes, and I no longer take them.

No comments: