Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm prettier than a door stopper! Uh, wait a minute...

Someday I will learn how to take a compliment.

I was walking out to the lobby and there was a kitchen resupply guy with two cartloads of crap trying to get through a door. I held the door open for him while he was dragging the carts through, and I commented that it was too bad we couldn't block the doors open. He said something to the effect that this works better, because I'm prettier than a door stopper.

Hrmph. OK. Now, see, I know that is a compliment, a clumsy one at best, and I'm reasonably certain that he didn't mean it like it could be taken. And yet, after I got over my girlish giggles, I began wondering if he would have said that if we had some really cool door stoppers. If he had said that it was good that we couldn't block open the doors because this way a pretty girl (hee hee!) gets to hold the door open for him, I wouldn't even question it.

Can you see what is wrong with me?

No comments: