Friday, April 28, 2006

"Training"

I got back from my trip to Oregon yesterday afternoon at around 1:00. The training I went for was useless. I knew everything already with the exception of a number of things that didn't apply to me. I took the classes thinking that I could be doing more with the software, and it turns out that the software is really so simple that there isn't more that I can be doing. What a waste.

On the other hand, I got to spend my mom's birthday with her, and we went to see Silent Hill. Very, very strange movie. I won't offer anything but a shallow opinion of it, becuase I am still mulling it over. So here's my opinion - it has some disturbing nightmare-quality visuals. Very cool!

Also on the upside of the trip, I got to miss "Take Your Child To Work Day," which is one of my least favorite days of the year. I find it nearly impossible to be productive with herds of them rampaging about the hallways, squealing and whining the way they do.

And again on the upside of the trip, I got to mess around with my mom's dog for a while. This dog will not sit still for a camera, so this is the best picture I managed to get of her in the entire stay down there. Well, I did want to get one of her interesting facial expressions. I wasn't aiming for this one, but it will do.

No comments: