Friday, April 21, 2006

Yes, Chewing!


Lately, I've become rather enamored of chewing gum. It is a little weird to suddenly decide I like gum at my advanced age, because it makes my jaw hurt to chew it. On the other hand, it eliminates the perpetual coffee breath and makes me less hungry. Every now and then, I wander over to Uwajimaya to buy their Japanese gum. They've got some great flavors. Today, I'm working on Cool Mint.
It is very strong mint, and it lasts forever. More importantly, the package has penguins on it, and you can't go far wrong with penguins. Even better, it has cryptic English translations of something from Japanese on it. Some of the wrappers on the sticks say "Yes, Chewing!", and others say "Cool Mint, Enjoy the Delight Only From Lotte" (which you can almost see in the picture). That little red blurb in the picture says "Long Live!" Still, they translate better from Japanese to English than I ever will from English to Japanese, so I won't pretend to feel superior about my mad skillz in English.

No comments: