Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camping

I left home Sunday morning and headed for the Salmon La Sac campground north of Roslyn. Its a very nice campground. My site was near the Cooper River. It was big and had lots of trees. I set up my tent and proceeded to do nothing but read a book and eat and occasionally take Duncan down to the river for two days. I fell asleep in my hammock. I had smores. It was camping. Most of the other campers left on Sunday afternoon so it was nice and quiet, especially after the people with the whiny naked argumentative kids left.

This morning, I got up and packed up my campsite and drove up to the Deep Lake trailhead. We got about two miles up the trail and I vomited off the side of the trail. No idea why. So since vomiting while hiking is contraindicated, I came home without finishing the hike. I couldn't even stop and drink some water and see if I felt better because of the hideous bugs on the trail. I was getting eaten alive even though I kept moving. It was pretty miserable.

That now makes three times in a row that I've felt sick while hiking. On the Navajo Pass trail, I laid on my backpack next to the trail for about three hours waiting for my stomach to settle down and trying to decide if I should leave. I woke up nauseated at Hyas Lake and bagged out on continuing up to Marmot Lake. And now I'm puking in creeks that run down to the Cle Elum River. People drink that water. I hope they filter it first.

No comments: