Friday, March 17, 2006

The ghost of jobs past

You know how I got a promotion six months ago? Yeah? And you know how I keep ending up doing large pieces of my old job because the new person feels too overwhelmed to take on the rest of the portion of my old job that they are giving to her? Uh huh? OK, so guess what I get to do next month (and for the next several months) and she won't be involved in, though she is going to the the primary person untimately involved. Guess! No? OK, I'll tell you. I get to be involved with the implementation of the new expense reporting software. She's supposed to be the superuser and administrator, I'm not in accounts payable anymore, she has so many years of experience and so on, and yet I have to do her project for her because she's whining that she can't handle the current expense report system. Good god. They should just fire her and give me my old job back. I'm never going to get to leave it anyway, I might as well have the title and the overtime pay for it.

No comments: